Missouri Western State University
|Job Description|| |
The Administrative Coordinator serves the College of Liberal Arts by performing responsible, confidential, and complex clerical functions, and may coordinate a variety of departmental and campus events.
• Maintains appointment schedule in accordance with set priorities, maintains orderly flow of requests and keeps supervisor informed of current issues.
• Composes confidential and non-confidential correspondence, reports, and a wide range of publications that may require regulatory compliance.
• Coordinates and administers activities, workshops, and special events related to department, division, and/or campus.
• Maintains complex filing system of records, correspondence, minutes, etc.
• Monitors department/school expenditures and oversees budget(s).
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with the constituents of the department/school and may serve or assist with various campus committees.
• Supervises and assigns work to student office staff., as needed.
• Answers and/or directs inquiries regarding University policy and procedures.
• May coordinate class schedules for respective division or department, including verification of course offerings regarding staff, time, location, etc.
• May collect, verify, and submit all faculty workloads for respective school or division;
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
|Required Qualifications|| |
• High school diploma or GED
• One year of specialized training in office administration or business management
• Three years of administrative support or related experience
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Office principles and practices
• Budgeting principles
• Organizational structure
• Various software applications, some positions require knowledge of operating systems and HTML
• Customer service
• Computer applications
• Organization and time management
• Various office equipment
• Written communication and transcription;
• Communication, as applied to interaction with students, coworkers, supervisor and the general public
|Preferred Qualifications|| |
• Experience working in a higher education environment
• Experience with Banner software
|Physical Demands|| |
• Sedentary Work
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
|Hours of Work|| |
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.