Material Handling Tech I
Location: St. Joseph, MO
Shift: Various Shifts
Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that proudly helps food providers in the U.S., Canada and more than 60 other countries earn a special place on consumers’ tables. We do this by continually crafting custom dressings, sauces, mayonnaises, and other food solutions that exceed peoples’ expectations for great-tasting flavors and high-quality ingredients.
Headquartered in Brea, California, Ventura Foods operates 14 manufacturing facilities, 3 culinary centers, and numerous distribution centers across North America. When you work in our manufacturing and distribution facilities, you get a strong foundation of training, a manager who cares about you and celebrates your success, a safe environment, and challenging work. As part of our team, your future is limited only by how much you’re willing to push yourself to get there. We invest in your growth, because you invest in ours.
Responsibilities of the Material Handling Tech would preferably have previous production or warehouse experience; the ability to work in refrigerated areas; can lift 60lbs. or more; experience using RF Scanner; incumbent must have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to do basic math with some knowledge of the Metric System; multi-task according to priority; Incumbent must be a team player as well as well as the ability to work independently. Licensed Forklift or Handtruck driver.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Physically pulls Raw Materials from various warehouse locations based on quantity and product while simultaneously entering each transaction into the RF system to fulfill Ventura Customer Orders. Return accurate residual material products utilizing RF scanner to correct location of products.
- Working knowledge of RF Scanning System & functions to do material movements in the warehouse and production areas. Weighing returned materials while updating the inventory system with correct quantity and weight and assigning new pallet tags.
- Consistent utilization of basic math with the use of a calculator for counting materials picked according to order as well as utilizing the metric system to ensure correct weights are picked for each order. Effectively communicate both writeen and verabally. High attention to detail and specifics.
- Shrink wraps materials to pallets that are pulled for prep room processing for Ventura's customer orders. Ensure correct tags are scanned correctly to each item picked for production. Report shortages of materials for re-ordering purposes to ensure customer orders deadlines are met by specific order date.
- Performs other general duties as needed.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a production or warehouse/distribution environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be able to pass skills test & written test for license/certification for sit-down and/or stand-up forklift.
- Must have excellent math skills.
- Computer literate - preferably RF Smart experience.
- Possess the ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive environment in which all employees are treated with respect is evident in our company culture and values. We believe that fostering an environment of inclusion and a focus on diversity across our organization is vital to attracting top talent, driving innovation, and meeting the high expectations of our customers in a rapidly evolving global marketplace.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.