Production Technician-Various Shifts Available!
Location: St. Joseph, MO
Shift: Various Shifts
Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that proudly helps food providers in the U.S., Canada and more than 60 other countries earn a special place on consumers’ tables. We do this by continually crafting custom dressings, sauces, mayonnaises, and other food solutions that exceed peoples’ expectations for great-tasting flavors and high-quality ingredients.
Headquartered in Brea, California, Ventura Foods operates 14 manufacturing facilities, 3 culinary centers, and numerous distribution centers across North America. When you work in our manufacturing and distribution facilities, you get a strong foundation of training, a manager who cares about you and celebrates your success, a safe environment, and challenging work. As part of our team, your future is limited only by how much you’re willing to push yourself to get there. We invest in your growth, because you invest in ours.
Operate filling and packaging equipment in an efficient and accurate manner. Ensure that all products and packaging produced comply with all quality guidelines. Accomplish this by using the daily production schedule to determine the products to be processed and know the specific requirements for each product ran. These include, but are not limited to, processing parameters, ingredients, coding, rework, labeling, packaging, machinery set up and operations, including palletizing configurations in order to process food grade oils.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Start up and check equipment for preventative maintenance issues, proper set up, and operation. Perform minor maintenance and adjustments as needed. Perform pre-shift preparation, ensure all surfaces that contact product, i.e., piping, utensils, and vessels are sanitized and ready for operation
- Maintains operation of crystallizing and/or filling and packaging machinery to produce a quality product within customer's requirements and specifications
- Read daily production schedule to determine products to be processed and know their specific requirements as well as process in the established sequence for crystallizing
- Comply with all Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), safety procedures, company policies, quality policies and procedures, and Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points as they apply to this position
- Performs quality checks on proper placement of lids, packaging, weights, codes, and case inspections to ensure that all quality and customer specifications are met. Crystallization will require operator to perform some analytical testing
- Communicates any problems or issues with appropriate personnel, including at shift change and with incoming machine operator. Coordinate status with relief personnel
- Maintains SIS scheduling goals, maintains documentation on production output and completes all other required paperwork, timely and accurately
- Maintains daily operational sanitation duties
- Responsible for following all food safety policies, procedures and regulatory criteria including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated preventive controls
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- 1 year of experience
- Experience as a machine operator in a food manufacturing environment preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be able to completely operate, set up, change-over, shutdown the entire line(s) and/or have completed all approved training for production crystallizing process
- Must possess good reading and math skills to accurately perform the requirements of the job
- Mechanical aptitude including good hand and eye coordination is required
- Require excellent written and verbal communication skills
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive environment in which all employees are treated with respect is evident in our company culture and values. We believe that fostering an environment of inclusion and a focus on diversity across our organization is vital to attracting top talent, driving innovation, and meeting the high expectations of our customers in a rapidly evolving global marketplace.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.