Receiving Clerk-1st and 2nd Shift
Location: St. Joseph, MO
Shift: Various Shifts
Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that proudly helps food providers in the U.S., Canada and more than 60 other countries earn a special place on consumers’ tables. We do this by continually crafting custom dressings, sauces, mayonnaises, and other food solutions that exceed peoples’ expectations for great-tasting flavors and high-quality ingredients.
Headquartered in Brea, California, Ventura Foods operates 14 manufacturing facilities, 3 culinary centers, and numerous distribution centers across North America. When you work in our manufacturing and distribution facilities, you get a strong foundation of training, a manager who cares about you and celebrates your success, a safe environment, and challenging work. As part of our team, your future is limited only by how much you’re willing to push yourself to get there. We invest in your growth, because you invest in ours.
The Receiving Clerk is responsible for receiving inventory and coordinating shipping schedules. Adhere to all company policies including all safety and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). Communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers, drivers and customers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify and confirm receiving entries for items purchased
- Accurately input information into data management systems that include but are not limited to, AS400, spreadsheets, etc.
- Serve as a backup for the warehouse clerk
- Perform cycle counts
- Perform production put away reconciliations. Maintain and reconcile CHEP pallet inventory
- Copy and file all raw ingredient reports
- Maintain documentation to ensure compliance with company Bio Terrorism Prevention Program. Report discrepancies in cost, lot codes and amount received
- Making appointments with carriers to deliver packaging and ingredients used in production
- Responsible for following all food safety policies, procedures and regulatory criteria including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated preventive controls
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- 1 or more years of experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have the ability to read, write and communicate effectively in the English language
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, divide and multiply using a basic calculator
- Must be able to utilize time in an efficient manner and work with limited supervision
- Must have basic knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and have basic understanding of databases
- Must be able to identify and report any food safety concerns
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive environment in which all employees are treated with respect is evident in our company culture and values. We believe that fostering an environment of inclusion and a focus on diversity across our organization is vital to attracting top talent, driving innovation, and meeting the high expectations of our customers in a rapidly evolving global marketplace.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.