Maintenance Technician - Overnight Shift
Location: St. Joseph, MO
Shift: Nights – 12 hours shifts
Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that proudly helps food providers in the U.S., Canada and more than 60 other countries earn a special place on consumers’ tables. We do this by continually crafting custom dressings, sauces, mayonnaises, and other food solutions that exceed peoples’ expectations for great-tasting flavors and high-quality ingredients.
Headquartered in Brea, California, Ventura Foods operates 14 manufacturing facilities, 3 culinary centers, and numerous distribution centers across North America. When you work in our manufacturing and distribution facilities, you get a strong foundation of training, a manager who cares about you and celebrates your success, a safe environment, and challenging work. As part of our team, your future is limited only by how much you’re willing to push yourself to get there. We invest in your growth, because you invest in ours.
Utilizing skill set, maintain optimal operating condition of equipment using company approved food safety practices/policies. Train Production Machine Technician to increase skill level in the department. Decrease equipment downtime utilizing training and skills.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs corrective maintenance and emergency maintenance on food packaging/processing equipment to maximize machine up-time
- Completion of scheduled preventative maintenance and work orders assigned to increase asset life
- Troubleshoot and resolve minor equipment mechanical/electrical issues
- Rebuild pumps, mills, gearboxes and other miscellaneous mechanical entities
- Utilize plant systems to generate work requests, track hours worked and initiate purchasing requests
- Assists Production Machine Operators in troubleshooting equipment problems
- Train Machine operators with up to date information to increase skill level within department
- Performs all work in accordance with established HACCP and OSHA policies. Responsible for following all food safety policies, procedures and regulatory criteria including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated preventive controls
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in a food manufacturing environment
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude and problem s and ability to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only a limited standardization exists
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form
- Able to interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
- Working knowledge of electronic and electrical concepts and operating safety and basic understanding of mechanical applications and principles
- Demonstrated ability to use hand and power tools commonly used in electrical, electronic, and mechanical trades
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive environment in which all employees are treated with respect is evident in our company culture and values. We believe that fostering an environment of inclusion and a focus on diversity across our organization is vital to attracting top talent, driving innovation, and meeting the high expectations of our customers in a rapidly evolving global marketplace.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.