Production Tech - Overnight Shift
Location: St. Joseph, MO
Shift: Nights – 12 hours shifts
Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that proudly helps food providers in the U.S., Canada and more than 60 other countries earn a special place on consumers’ tables. We do this by continually crafting custom dressings, sauces, mayonnaises, and other food solutions that exceed peoples’ expectations for great-tasting flavors and high-quality ingredients.
Headquartered in Brea, California, Ventura Foods operates 14 manufacturing facilities, 3 culinary centers, and numerous distribution centers across North America. When you work in our manufacturing and distribution facilities, you get a strong foundation of training, a manager who cares about you and celebrates your success, a safe environment, and challenging work. As part of our team, your future is limited only by how much you’re willing to push yourself to get there. We invest in your growth, because you invest in ours.
To use the daily production schedule to determine the products to be processed and to be aware of their specific requirements. These requirements may include, but are not limited to, processing requirements, ingredients, rework, coding information, labeling, and packaging and palletizing configurations. To lift, push, pull, and any other manner to handle ingredients, packaging, and/or equipment related to the processing of food grade oils.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn to start up and check equipment for preventative maintenance issues, proper set up and operation. Learn to perform minor maintenance and adjustments as needed. Perform pre-shift preparation by ensuring all surfaces that contact product, i.e., piping, utensils, and vessels are sanitized and ready for operation
- Perform quality checks on proper placement of lids, packaging, weights, codes, and case inspections as needed. Ensure customer requirements and specifications are met
- Read daily production schedule and recognize specific requirements for all products that apply to specific production line
- Comply with all Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), safety procedures, company policies, quality policies, and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points as they apply to this position
- Communicate problems or concerns with appropriate personnel. Coordinate status with relief personnel
- Assist with maintaining daily operational production efficiency and sanitation duties
- Complete all required paperwork, accurately and timely
- Responsible for following all food safety policies, procedures and regulatory criteria including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated preventive controls
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- 1 year of experience
- Food manufacturing environment experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must possess good reading and math skills to accurately perform the requirements of the job
- Mechanical aptitude including good hand and eye coordination is required
- Require good written and verbal communication skills
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive environment in which all employees are treated with respect is evident in our company culture and values. We believe that fostering an environment of inclusion and a focus on diversity across our organization is vital to attracting top talent, driving innovation, and meeting the high expectations of our customers in a rapidly evolving global marketplace.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.