Maintenance Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Location: St. Joseph, MO
Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that proudly helps food providers in the U.S., Canada and more than 60 other countries earn a special place on consumers’ tables. We do this by continually crafting custom dressings, sauces, mayonnaises, and other food solutions that exceed peoples’ expectations for great-tasting flavors and high-quality ingredients.
Headquartered in Brea, California, Ventura Foods operates 14 manufacturing facilities, 3 culinary centers, and numerous distribution centers across North America. When you work in our manufacturing and distribution facilities, you get a strong foundation of training, a manager who cares about you and celebrates your success, a safe environment, and challenging work. As part of our team, your future is limited only by how much you’re willing to push yourself to get there. We invest in your growth, because you invest in ours.
Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in installing, testing, repairing, and adjusting equipment. Ensure equipment is running efficiently to enable production goals are met and all work order are effectively completed. Consistently manage mechanics with the objective of orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching and disciplining.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and direct maintenance employees in performing daily work. Troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance strategies and activities for electrical / automation systems, HVAC, air compressors and ammonia system. Includes developing and communicating preventative maintenance schedule. Monitor and report completion in a CMMS system (JDE).
- Using lean tools to make recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, increase efficiency of production area or department. Drive your team to find the root cause of all downtime.
- Work closely with Production Manager and production supervisors in ensuring production goals are met by supplying the necessary manpower to fix equipment on an emergent basis. Is responsive to productions needs.
- Develop and maintain a training for employees within department, and to plant personnel for certain procedures including but not limited to LOTO, TPC online, NFPA, PLC and root cause analysis .
- Maintain Conformance with OSHA standards, NFPA, DOLI, Company policies, and other Federal and State regulations.
- Appraise employee performance and recommend wage advancement based on skill level. Maintain departmental conformance with Company policies and procedures, issue corrective action per policy.
- Attend and actively participate in daily production meetings and resolve problems to increase productivity and improve quality. Schedule and lead daily, weekly and monthly staff meetings as laid out in our lean miniaturing system.
- Is an advocate of safety within the facility and follows all safety procedures. Works with safety team to develop and maintain all safety programs. Leads maintenance team safety programs.
- Responsible for assuring compliance with all Food Safety policies, procedures and regulatory criterion including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices, and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated Preventive Controls.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree - preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a lead role or 1+ year of experience maintenance supervisor
- 5+ years experience in a maintenance position in a GMP related industry (food, beverages, pharma, etc) - experience in oils or margarine preferred
- Ammonia plant and wastewater - Highly preferred
- Must be able to commit to 3rd Shift hours of Monday - Friday; 10pm - 7pm
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must possess an extremely high degree of accuracy and experience with electrical systems, ammonia refrigeration, high pressure boilers, pneumatics, blueprints, and packaging equipment.
- Knowledge of GMPs, sanitation and union relations is helpful.
- Must be able to communicate accurately and clearly with both oral and written materials.
- Technical understanding of manufacturing equipment and maintenance.
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive environment in which all employees are treated with respect is evident in our company culture and values. We believe that fostering an environment of inclusion and a focus on diversity across our organization is vital to attracting top talent, driving innovation, and meeting the high expectations of our customers in a rapidly evolving global marketplace.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.