Production Control Coordinator
Location: St. Joseph, MO
Shift: Nights – 12 hours shifts
Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that proudly helps food providers in the U.S., Canada and more than 60 other countries earn a special place on consumers’ tables. We do this by continually crafting custom dressings, sauces, mayonnaises, and other food solutions that exceed peoples’ expectations for great-tasting flavors and high-quality ingredients.
Headquartered in Brea, California, Ventura Foods operates 14 manufacturing facilities, 3 culinary centers, and numerous distribution centers across North America. When you work in our manufacturing and distribution facilities, you get a strong foundation of training, a manager who cares about you and celebrates your success, a safe environment, and challenging work. As part of our team, your future is limited only by how much you’re willing to push yourself to get there. We invest in your growth, because you invest in ours.
This position is responsible to research and resolve daily production variances to maintain accurate production reporting. Monitors production floor to ensure inventory transactions are performed accurately and timely.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and reconcile batch sheets, maintain batch sheet verification log and resolve any issues by working closely with the production group leaders. Research all production issues at status 81-90
- Generate the active LP in production report and resolve any inventory that may not have a put away location
- Within JDE, troubleshoot all status 88 work orders and supply detail information on variances to the Inventory Control Supervisor. This involves understanding the manufacturing accounting along with being able to review batch sheets, inventory transactions and product set up
- Assist with cycle counts, PRD counts and line counts when requested
- Reconcile all status 90 work orders and report necessary information to accounting
- Responsible for following all food safety policies, procedures and regulatory criteria including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated preventive controls
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel may be required
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience; Associate’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
Knowledge and Skills:
- Computer skills are required with basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint with JDE experience preferred
- Detail oriented with good reasoning ability in making sound business decisions
- Must have full knowledge of the manufacturing side of JDE and product set up
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Must be able to solve Intermediate mathematical equations
- Must be able to work independently and have excellent organizational skills
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive environment in which all employees are treated with respect is evident in our company culture and values. We believe that fostering an environment of inclusion and a focus on diversity across our organization is vital to attracting top talent, driving innovation, and meeting the high expectations of our customers in a rapidly evolving global marketplace.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.