Maintenance Generalist All Shifts - Full-Time - St. Joseph Plant 64507
Pay: $25.49 - $28.95
Earn up to a $5,000 Retention Bonus!
$2,500 at 90 days.
$2,500 at one year.
* Must successfully complete the above time increments to be eligible.
Are you looking for opportunities to work with a company that inspires you to push yourself and do your absolute best? As a quick-thinking, ambitious industrial mechanic, you are sure to fit right in with our culture and passion for exceptional work ethic. Our company will depend on you and your abilities to keep our operations, machines and equipment operating as smooth as satin. We know we can’t operate efficiently without your skills and industrial maintenance expertise. Apply today and discover how good it feels to be valued, respected and supported by an employer.
- Care for machinery and equipment by completing preventative maintenance, including lubricating moving components, adjusting parts, rebuilding, completing scheduled service and assisting operators on change over
- Ensure work area and equipment is kept clean and orderly at all times
- Daily examination of equipment for assigned area to identify signs of excessive wear, defects, and damage. Repair industrial equipment and machinery to ensure they’re always in proper working order.
- Record all maintenance and repair services performed, and keep track of all materials and parts used during the repair process. Observe and promote all plant safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) specifications.
- Study manufacturer manuals and blueprints and carefully follow directions when operating or setting up newly-acquired machinery or making repairs
- Attend training both off site and on site as needed
- Make leadership aware of materials and parts that are needed when inventory grows low or is depleted
- Willing and able to stand, sit, bend, walk, stretch, climb, push, pull, kneel, squat and reach
- Willing and able to lift, carry, push, and pull 20-70 pounds
- Willing and able to work in the cold or heat (10 degrees below zero to 105 degrees) or damp environments and these areas may have slippery walking surfaces
- Willing and able to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Basic computer skills in order to complete required training and/or tasks
- Ability to identify parts and supplies needed to complete job tasks
- Ability to verbally communicate material effectively in a training environment
- Ability to read and understand manuals/instructions, blueprints and schematics
- Willing and able to walk on hard surfaces for up to 12 hours
- Ability to work as team and in individual situations
- Ability to communicate both written and orally to other team members and management about daily assignments
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency and an entrepreneurial spirit
Have 1 year of industrial maintenance experience or 6 months of industrial maintenance experience with industrial maintenance education (I.E Posses industrial maintenance diploma or currently enrolled in technical school).
Candidates who have previously worked for Tyson will have a minimum rehire waiting period of 180 days and are limited to 3 times of employment.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
ALL SHIFTS (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.