St Joseph Utilities Technician 2nd shift 14:00-22:00 and 3rd shift 22:00-06:00 - St. Joseph, MO 64507
· Forklift operator’s license.
· Valid driver license.
· Basic computer skills pertaining to Maximo and other maintenance related systems.
· Solid mechanical aptitude is required.
· Some experience in equipment maintenance, electrical and welding.
· Corrected 20/20 vision and able to distinguish colors.
· Ability to lift or move 50 pounds.
· Free use of all four limbs or equivalent use of prosthesis.
· Be able to bend, twist and stand for long periods of time.
· Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
· Ability to withstand wet; humid, cold, and hot environments.
Essential Job functions and Responsibilities:
Functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Observe and promote all Plant Safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) specifications.
· Work together in a team environment.
· Track and maintain all required records.
· Maintain proper housekeeping in work area as well as keep equipment clean and orderly at all times.
· Responsible for daily checks of all equipment in their assigned area
· Maintain First Class High Pressure Steam operator’s License per the City of St. Joseph.
· Maintain the following building utility systems, but not limited to: Ammonia and Freon Refrigeration systems, Steam systems, Compressed Air systems, Pretreatment systems, HVAC systems, Plant Electrical systems up to equipment hook-up, Fire systems, and building and equipment support as needed.
· Maintain PSM program, includes daily checks to maintain compliance.
· Required member of ERT Response Team.
· Assist and guide Engineer Trainees with the goal of becoming Licensed Operators.
· Any other assigned responsibilities by management
· A trained designee will be appointed by plant management to cover for absences of vacancies.
Refrigeration mechanics will require either certificate or license in ammonia refrigeration or steam boilers. Refrigeration trainees will require one of the following Must have maintenance mechanic experience in one of the following: 1) One year of experience in industrial manufacturing OR 2) Two years in aircraft maintenance, agriculture maintenance, or military maintenance OR 3) Three years in automotive maintenance.
Candidates who have previously worked for Tyson will have a minimum rehire waiting period of 90 days and are limited to 3 times of employment.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
ALL SHIFTS (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.