Continuous Improvement Manager
Do you enjoy working with a team of highly engaged individuals who want to make a difference? (and have fun doing it) Then this role is for you! As the Continuous Improvement Manager you will be empowered to make a difference in the lives of Tyson team members every day. You will have the opportunity to network and influence a variety of roles inside and outside of Tyson, with the objective of creating a workplace which is safer and more efficient. To do this you will be provided autonomy to identify and pursue areas where you think you can make a difference, and be rewarded for the results!
You are a good fit for this job if:
• You have a growth mindset and are always seeking to advance your skills around technology and leadership
• You have a passion for engaging and influencing others to drive improvement, and make it fun while doing so
• You are comfortable with some ambiguity and leading others through it to make a difference
• You have a results driven background, with around 5 years of experience, and are able to drive CI type initiatives in a respectful way
What you are responsible for:
• Coordinate and lead strategic CI initiatives focused on driving improvements at St Joseph Plant.
• Identification and successful completion of process improvement opportunities to advance your team, division, and Tyson as a whole
• Travel is variable for this role depending on what improvements you are making, but typically in the 75% range over the course of a year
Bachelor's degree; preferably in the field of Engineering or Business OR equivalent combination of education and experience
5 plus years of demonstrated Continuous Improvement experience OR 5 plus years of leadership experience in a lean manufacturing environment AND preferred work towards Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification.
Ability to effectively engage people at all levels of the business; strong coaching and mentoring skills
4 or less trips per year.
Strong Business acumen; Strong LEAN 5S and other Continuous Improvement skills; Strong process management background.
* Please submit your resume for review *
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
A Shift (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.