Coordinator, Continuous Improvement
SUMMARY: Works closely with the CI Manager in the execution of continuous improvement via Lean & Six Sigma deployment. The ability to close out agreed upon action items independently is a must. The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for continuous improvement and extremely self-motivated.
- Aids and facilitates continuous improvement projects through the life cycle of a project (DMAIC, Lean, etc.)
- Develops strong relationships with functional leaders and team members to ensure support and achievement of strategic objectives
- Communicates regularly with CI Manager about project progress toward goal achievement, critical factors, and obstacles.
- Ensures delivery of deployment benefits/results (Cost Savings, Revenue Growth, Cost Avoidance, etc.)
- Provide a sense of urgency for results through project review and metrics (Formal project review process)
- Improve CI culture by way of inclusion and education
- Shared project savings targets with the CI Manager (Cost Avoidance, Cost Reduction, Ops Margin, Return of Capital, Revenue)
- Aid and facilitate projects focused on streamlining production processes (cycle time, throughput, inventory, OEE, etc.)
- Complete 2 – 3 projects per quarter (projects range from cultural, safety, cost avoidance, cost savings, etc.)
- Experience: 1–3 years of work experience directly contributing to building a culture of continuous improvement.
- Experience participating in or leading 10 continuous improvement-based projects or initiatives.
- Demonstrated success in delivering sustainable project savings.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred (in engineering or related discipline) OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred; Black Belt certification nice to have.
- Basic knowledge of Lean & Six Sigma tools.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong planning, organizational, and project management skills.
- Must have a strong passion for people.
- Ability to work and cooperate with others to complete various talks with established deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and eliminate waste.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Software skills: Minitab, Visio, PowerBI, MS PowerPoint, SAP are preferred.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:No
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.