Support Care Assistant NMPRC
St. Joseph (Mo.) Chamber of Commerce
Semi-Monthly Base Salary: $1,444.19
Full-Time staff will receive a $2/hr differential for shift hours between 3:00pm – 7:00am
St. Joseph, MO Department of Mental Health
Full-Time and PRN positions available
Full-Time Shift Availability:
Evenings with rotating weekends 2:45pm – 11:15pm
Overnights with rotating weekends 10:45pm – 7:15am
Must be available to work a minimum of 2 weekends a month
Why you'll love this position:
NMPRC is a Psychiatric Rehabilitation Hospital where we are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of those impacted by mental health challenges. Our vision here at NMPRC is to transform lives with hope, recovery, rehabilitation and support through the safe delivery of treatment to our clients.
We offer great benefits:
Retirement, Deferred Compensation, Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision, for self and family), Paid life insurance, Long term disability, Cafeteria Plan, 13 paid Holidays, 10 hours annual leave monthly, 10 hours sick leave monthly, Direct deposit, SELF program, Tuition Reimbursement/Loan repayment options. State employees also receive discounts on products and services from various vendors, including cell phone plans and more.
General Summary and Job Duties:
• Assist patients with activities of daily living such as personal hygiene, toileting, ambulation and other related tasks.
• Establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with patients, subordinates, co-workers, supervisors and the public.
• Perform environmental rounds as assigned punctually, comprehensively, and documents precisely.
• Give first aide and perform emergency treatment as required.
• Demonstrate ability to provide care, interact and meet the needs of the mentally ill with considerations for forensic issues and developmental stage from young adult to elderly adults and the developmentally disabled.
• Maintain safe, clean and agreeable work environment.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
Knowledge of the general care and treatment of patients, including basic nursing, first aid, and emergency treatments. Ability to work with patients with physical or mental illness, developmental disabilities, physical disabilities, and/or the geriatric population. Ability to perform first aid and emergency treatments as instructed. Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions. Ability to accept and adapt to change in assignments, methods, policies, etc.
• 18 years of age
• High School Diploma or GED
• 0-1 year of related experience
To apply, please apply online at www.mocareers.mo.gov or in-person at 3505 Frederick Ave. St. Joseph, MO 64506
The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.Link to Application (if applicable): https://mocareers.hiretrue.com Name of Contact: KAMEALIA L. HALL Email Address of Contact: Kamealia.email@example.com