Are you looking to take the next step in your accounting career? Join our team!
What we offer you:
- Excellent salary & comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, critical care, AD&D, dependent life
- Add-on benefits include pet insurance, Perks Program for buying power, Hinge Health for customized online workouts, Teladoc, internal gym membership assistance and cell phone assistance
- 401k with a 6% employer match after 90 days
- 15 days of vacation which you’re encouraged to take, plus 10 holidays annually (prorated to hiring date)
- Tuition assistance
- Stability in a growing, environmentally conscious, publicly traded company
- Opportunity to work alongside America’s most respected brands and food manufacturers
What you’ll do:
- Ensure the physical inventory is accurate and report all findings
- Prepare monthly financial reports and forecasts for labor, materials, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns, and inventory levels while adhering to SOX
- Manage internal controls at the Plant for operations and finance
We need you to have:
- An Associate degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- 5+ years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards & OnBase platforms
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office programs with the ability to create and modify complex spreadsheets)
Who we are:
- America's largest metal food packaging producer
- A company that strives toward sustainability by reducing our carbon footprint, selecting like-minded suppliers, and providing recyclable products
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.