Maintenance Technician (3rd Shift)
Join Land O’Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to fork. We’re a global, Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative. While benefits can vary by location and role, some offer the following. Please speak with your local HR Representative regarding benefit eligibility.
• Medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D; short- and long-term disability insurance
• Retirement savings plan and profit-sharing plan, both with company match
• Paid time off and paid holidays, plus paid benefits for maternity and parental leaves
SHIFT: 3rd Shift: Mon - Fri; 10:00 pm - 6:00 am with potential overtime on Saturday's depending on production
PAY: $26.53 - $27.63 (depending on experience)
This role is part of our Purina Animal Nutrition business helping our network of local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers serve producers, and animal owners throughout the United States. Through industry -leading R&D and committed partnerships, we innovate the nutrition products and practices that unlock the full potential of every animal for a healthier, more productive life.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair in support of the facility and production equipment. In this role, the technician will work with a variety of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems and controls. Superior logical-thinking and troubleshooting skills are critical. This position is critical to the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Basic computer skills
- Troubleshooting of Mechanical Equipment
- Robotics Experience preferred but not required
- Age: 18 years or older
- Safety: Ensuring the complete physical safety of oneself and one’s co-workers at all times without exception
- Inspect machinery: Knowledge of check machine equipment for proper performance and detect faults and malfunctions. Diagnose malfunctions using testing equipment to determine the required repair.
- Write technical reports: Experience with compose technical customer reports understandable for people without technical background.
- Perform machine maintenance: Familiarity with perform regular maintenance, possibly including corrections and alterations, on a machine or machine tool to ensure it remains in a proper productive state.
- Time Management: Showing up on time, reliably completing tasks by the deadline, and adapting to changes in deadlines and priorities with minimal supervision.
- Comprehension: Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions and possess basic mathematical skills
- Coordination: Working well with others to meet team goals and adjusting to important changes
Physical Requirements for production positions regularly include:
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Frequent movement including walking, standing, bending/stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms, lifting, climbing and other active movements
- Performing duties while wearing personal protective equipment
- Shift schedules that include days, nights, and weekends, some holidays and periodic overtime to cover other shifts as needed.
- Agree to successfully participate in the maintenance progression program.
WAGE RANGE SALARY:
Land O’Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.