SHIFT: Day Shift, Monday through Friday
PAY: $34.50 per hour.
Omnium is your loyal partner in the manufacturing of crop protection, adjuvant, and plant nutrition products. Our team adheres to stringent safety protocols and environmental stewardship standards.
The PLC Technician will play a key role in overseeing industrial automation and controls projects. For candidates with experience taking projects from start-to-finish there would be opportunity to manage your own projects from design through installation. Preference will be given to candidates with experience programming Rockwell - Allen Bradley PLC systems.
- Prior Maintenance Experience or Knowledge
- 6 plus months of solid work experience in any industry
- Preferred 5-15+ years of experience developing programs for PLC systems (Allen Bradley)
- Preferred experience with Rockwell Studio 5000
- Preferred background working with Factory Talk View Studio
- Strong understanding of ladder logic
- Experience troubleshooting PLC programs remotely
- VFD programming experience
- Experience implementing safety circuits and switches
- Strong technical and operational knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic equipment and systems. Strong aptitude for repair and maintenance activities.
- Ability to read and interpret CAD layouts, illustrated parts breakdown (IPB) diagrams, and electrical circuitry diagrams and drawings.
- Ability to diagnose and repair electrical and mechanical issues. Issues may include the testing, replacement or repair electrical systems including single phase or three phase electrical systems, AC or DC motors, power supplies, frequency drives, servo drives, transformers, motor starters, proximity sensors, encoders, photo eyes, programmable logic Controllers (PLC), HMI’s, PLC Inputs/Outputs.
- Ability to test equipment and instrumentation systems.
- Age: 18 years or older
- Safety: Always ensures the complete physical safety of oneself and one’s co-workers without exception.
- CMMS: Supports the preventive maintenance programs through our computerized maintenance management system (CMMS). This includes but is not limited to: Performing scheduled corrective tasks, preforming PM’s on systems and equipment, filling out daily work orders, and logging equipment data as needed.
- Time Management: Showing up on time, reliably completing tasks by the deadline, and adapting to changes in deadlines and priorities with minimal supervision. Ability to keep track of and report all activities performed.
- Comprehension: Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written maintenance schedule/instructions from your supervisor and as outlined in our established maintenance policies instructions and possess basic mathematical skills
- Service Focus: Highly responsive and resourceful; strong propensity to provide excellent service and support internally and externally with a professional and approachable manner.
- Coordination: Working well with others to meet team goals and adjusting to important changes by assisting other technicians in all phases of various facilities-related assignments including renovation and maintenance projects.
- Other: Perform all other duties as assigned and in the interest of the department, and the company.
Physical Requirements for production positions regularly include:
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Frequent movement including walking, standing, bending/stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms, lifting, climbing and other active movements
- Performing duties while wearing personal protective equipment
- Working across temperature zones that may include cold and/or hot environments for extended periods and may include work in environments where dust and chemicals are present
- Shift schedules that include days, nights, and weekends, some holidays and periodic overtime
- May require involvement of supervisor when dealing with non- routine issues to determine most appropriate course of action but has the ability to identify and solve less complex controls related troubleshooting without the assistance of others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
WAGE RANGE SALARY:
Land O’Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
About Land O'Lakes, Inc.
Join us and be part of a Fortune 250, farmer- and member-owned cooperative that is reimagining the business of food. We have been named a Top Workplace by Indeed and LinkedIn, and to the TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.
We provide a broad portfolio of benefits to keep you and your family at your best. Land O'Lakes is Where Your Future Takes Root.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.