Occupational Health Nurse (2nd and 3rd Shift)
What you will do
- The plant Occupational Health Nurse- LPN will assist in the promotion and restoration of health, prevention of illness and injury, case management for disability and Workers' Comp, and protection from occupational and environmental hazards of all Clarios employees with oversight of the plant registered nurse.
How you will do it
- You will help manage the blood draw process at your facility as well as participate in health & wellness initiatives at the plant, such as health fairs and proactive blood lead management in conjunction with the plant registered nurse and phlebotomist.
- The OHN Nurse will function under the standing orders of the local physician and the appropriate State Nurse Practice Act.
- Assist in managing the Health Services Department at the plant or plant cluster.
- Maintain Health Services Department Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain awareness of applicable federal, state and local health, industrial hygiene and safety regulations.
- Implement written policies and procedures that ensure the confidentiality and security of health records regulating access, release, transmittal and storage of all health information in accordance with State, Federal, and Corporate Standards.
- Provide emergency treatment of both occupational and non-occupational injury and illness.
- Manage and treat work related illnesses and injuries with emphasis on early recognition intervention, follow-up and monitoring workers as they return to work.
- Assist in medical administration of case management for employees who have prolonged or complex illnesses/injuries.
- Provide 2nd & 3rd shift plant safety committee coverage and participate in the investigation of illnesses and injuries.
- Communicate with appropriate individuals including plant management and have involvement in case closure plans for each case.
- Assist with the drug and alcohol program to include urine specimen collection and maintain confidentiality of results.
- Assist in administering and maintaining the plant medical emergency plan, including the training of medical emergency response team and blood borne pathogens exposure control plan.
- Assist in administering medical surveillance and biological monitoring according to OSHA Lead standards and Clarios company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate intervention counseling of employees regarding blood-leads.
- Prepare and maintain current legal and governmental medical and company reporting requirements and analyze data, specifically with local Departments of Health.
- Coordinate health assessments on site for early detection of health problems, to include the following: vision screening, blood pressure, audiograms, respirator medical questionnaire evaluation, pulmonary function tests and phlebotomy.
- Coordinate with Plant HR to provide for job placement, periodic and exit physicals according to American Disability Act (ADA) and the Lead Standard.
- Provide crisis intervention and referral to plant Employee Assistance program (EAP) provider.
- Manage the Hearing Conservation Program in conjunction with Safety by providing audiometric testing, with follow-up and referrals.
- Participate in periodic plant walk-throughs to assess safety, environmental and ergonomic hazards.
- Provides health education and promotion programs to include: smoking cessation, exercise, fitness, nutrition, weight control, hypertension, immunizations and stress management.
- Maintain professional competency through participation in professional education and training programs and completion of any necessary requirements to maintain professional credentials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain availability afterhours for calls from the facility.
- Report to the facility as requested for employee evaluation and treatment.
- Report to the clinic and/or Emergency room for workers’ comp claim management.
What we look for
- Active License Practical Nursing certification in the relevant State
- Minimum 5 years professional nursing experience with at least 2 years of experience in Occupational Health or Nursing Management
- Knowledge and experience with Worker's Compensation.
- Proficiency with software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Willing and able to travel up to 10%.
- Applicant must agree to obtaining Registered Nurse License after 12 months of employment. RN License must be received with 24 months after first year of employment.
- Eligible for Tuition Reimbursement.
Who we are:
Clarios is the creator behind the world’s most recognizable car battery brands. We are the car battery found in most new vehicles including leading brands such as Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture, and distribute batteries for virtually every type of vehicle. We recover, recycle, and reuse up to 99% of our battery materials, leading sustainability practices in our industry. Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls Battery Group, is currently a Brookfield portfolio company. Learn more about us at www.clarios.com.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please apply. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is key to challenging the status quo. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process by emailing Special.Accommodations@Clarios.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity in our teams in terms of work experience, area of expertise, gender, ethnicity, and all other characteristics protected by laws in the countries where we operate. For more information on our commitment to sustainability, diversity, and equal opportunity, please read our latest report. We want you to know your rights because EEO is the law.
A Note to Job Applicants: please be aware of scams being perpetrated through the Internet and social media platforms. Clarios will never require a job applicant to pay money as part of the application or hiring process.
To all recruitment agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.