What you will do
The primary role of the training coordinator is to lead programs related to all employee training, bid transfer training and job certification.
How you will do it
- Performs/instructs classroom training and practical/on the job training for new hires, job bids or transfers to a department/new job.
- Performs/instructs classroom training and practical/on the job training when safety, quality or performance corrective action is needed, or when changes in methods or equipment require new training or re-training.
- Prepares, issues and maintains training materials across a variety of platforms.
- Creates, communicates and updates training schedules and tracking.
- Monitors and reports training progress.
- Follows ups with trainees to ensure they complete all training in timely and accurate manner.
- May assist with new hire and contractor orientation.
- Regularly investigates training requirements to suggest and take action on implementing changes to the training program as it relates to Environmental Health & Safety, Quality, Total Productive Maintenance and Lean Principles.
- Seek and gather information from management, employees and other departments regarding the effectiveness of completed training, develops and implements solutions to improve effectiveness.
- May update existing work instructions or write work instructions for new equipment and/or modifications to existing equipment.
- Helps identify and drives development of on the job trainers for all job positions across all shifts.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prior experience providing full-scope training materials, from analyzing company needs to lesson planning, development and implementation is required.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in manufacturing setting required.
- Able to work a flexible schedule across all shifts (including weekends) when necessary.
- Able to work on the production floor for extended periods of time.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing equipment, work practices and processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PPT, and Visio required.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Able to use logic and problem-solving tools to develop plans, understand issues and take calculated risks to proactively address current and future business needs.
- Prior experience in project management, technical writing, industrial engineering, inventory systems, and maintenance work order systems preferred.
- Experience integrating Risk Assessments, Hazard Awareness, Quality Systems, Total Productive Maintenance and Lean Principles into a training plan preferred
Who we are:
Clarios is the creator behind the world’s most recognizable car battery brands. We are the car battery found in most new vehicles including leading brands such as Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture, and distribute batteries for virtually every type of vehicle. We recover, recycle, and reuse up to 99% of our battery materials, leading sustainability practices in our industry. Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls Battery Group, is currently a Brookfield portfolio company. Learn more about us at www.clarios.com.
A Note to Job Applicants: please be aware of scams being perpetrated through the Internet and social media platforms. Clarios will never require a job applicant to pay money as part of the application or hiring process.
To all recruitment agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.