Manufacturing Supervisor - 3rd Shift
What You Will Do
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that production requirements are met, appropriate staffing levels are maintained, employee relations are good, and a safe/clean work environment is maintained. You will plan, direct, coordinate and control manufacturing activities in assigned work area to achieve established management goals.
- Trains production personnel to perform work assignments safely and efficiently.
- Maintains good employee relations through coaching and consistent application of employee relation policies.
- Requisitions operating personnel to meet established goals.
- May facilitate employee team operations.
- May review and coach employees in accordance with the plant goals.
- Administers production salary/wage policy for operating personnel properly.
- Administers and enforces health, environmental and safety standards, work practices and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Arranges for proper maintenance of machines and equipment.
- May reports daily indicators, including production scrap, batteries per person/hour, and batteries per measured hour.
- Investigates material variances, reports results of investigation and recommends improvements.
- Solicits and encourages process, procedure and equipment improvements from team members.
- May audit Standard Work Practices for each area and regularly reviews them for effectiveness through team meetings and practice.
- May ensure boosting requirements are met.
- May oversee receiving and receiving inspections.
- May assign work to meet daily manufacturing requirements.
- May control labor and material usage to meet or improve standard costs.
- May familiarize personnel with Company rules and regulations.
- May administer union agreements and disciplinary procedures.
- May recommend improvements in machines and equipment.
- May recommend improvement in job methods and procedures.
- May prepare reports.
- Overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Engineering, Business, or Operations preferred
- 1 year of prior Supervisory/Management experience preferred
- Must be able to work any assigned shift and required overtime.
Who we are:
Clarios is the creator behind the world’s most recognizable car battery brands. We are the car battery found in most new vehicles including leading brands such as Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture, and distribute batteries for virtually every type of vehicle. We recover, recycle, and reuse up to 99% of our battery materials, leading sustainability practices in our industry. Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls Battery Group, is currently a Brookfield portfolio company. Learn more about us at www.clarios.com.
A Note to Job Applicants: please be aware of scams being perpetrated through the Internet and social media platforms. Clarios will never require a job applicant to pay money as part of the application or hiring process.
To all recruitment agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.