Operations Intern (Summer 2024)
What You Will Do
- Learn about employee engagement and volume.
- Investigate on improvement for material variances.
- Help with improvements for new generation of workforce.
How You Will Do It
- Assisting with down time efficiency issues and goal achievement with implementation of action plans.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to reduce variances.
- Working with the training team to recommend new ideas for training and learning for the new generation.
What We Look For
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. college or university.
- Pursuing an undergraduate in Industrial Engineering or Business/Megatronics/ Operations Management.
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the U.S.
- Duration: Summer 2024. Up to 40 hours per week. Part-time during the school year may be available.
- Working Arrangements: On-site based at our manufacturing facility in St. Joseph, MO.
What We Do Here
St. Joseph, Missouri is home to our assembly plant which manufactures automotive and marine batteries. Several of our customers, including the world’s largest automotive manufacturers, recognized us for supplier excellence. We opened in 1973 and now employ more than 620 people and operate six days per week. We are actively involved in our local community and give back through The United Way, United Cerebral Palsy and Camp Quality.
Who we are:
Clarios is the creator behind the world’s most recognizable car battery brands. We are the car battery found in most new vehicles including leading brands such as Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture, and distribute batteries for virtually every type of vehicle. We recover, recycle, and reuse up to 99% of our battery materials, leading sustainability practices in our industry. Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls Battery Group, is currently a Brookfield portfolio company. Learn more about us at www.clarios.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.