Maintenance/Purchasing Intern (Summer 2024)
What You Will Do
- Evaluate vendor relationships.
- Vendor interaction for past due purchase orders.
- Assist with asset management, with ongoing expansion and additional equipment.
- Evaluate inventory management along with asset assignment for critical spare parts analysis.
How You Will Do It
- Reporting and collaborating with the Finance team on standard cost, cycle count reviews, and aging purchase orders.
- Collaborating with the maintenance planner to build PM compliance guidelines for parts reservation and help implement procedures for removing reserved parts for PM to emergency repairs.
What We Look For
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. college or university.
- Pursuing an undergraduate in Supply Chain and/or Business.
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the U.S.
- Duration: Summer 2024. Up to 40 hours per week. Part-time during the school year may be available.
- Working Arrangements: On-site based at our manufacturing facility in St. Joseph, MO.
What We Do Here
St. Joseph, Missouri is home to our assembly plant which manufactures automotive and marine batteries. Several of our customers, including the world’s largest automotive manufacturers, recognized us for supplier excellence. We opened in 1973 and now employ more than 620 people and operate six days per week. We are actively involved in our local community and give back through The United Way, United Cerebral Palsy and Camp Quality.
Who we are:
Clarios is the creator behind the world’s most recognizable car battery brands. We are the car battery found in most new vehicles including leading brands such as Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture, and distribute batteries for virtually every type of vehicle. We recover, recycle, and reuse up to 99% of our battery materials, leading sustainability practices in our industry. Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls Battery Group, is currently a Brookfield portfolio company. Learn more about us at www.clarios.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.