Quality Assurance Intern (Summer 2024)
What You Will Do
- Support various projects and initiatives involving different plants in the region with the cous to improve process performance, cost of poor quality, and sharing of best practices to protect our customer.
- Assist with the Control Plan – FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis)
- Implementation of SPC Report
- Implementation of PDCA for Distribution Centers
- Create PowerBI site for Batts Assembled data and daily scrap reporting.
- Gain an understanding of the impact that the quality department has on the entire manufacturing process.
How You Will Do It
- Reviewing corporate Control Plant of key processes and link to FMEA to create a list of deviations to update these master documents.
- Improving reports to compare plant to plant performance and highlight processes that require improvement.
- Supporting the standardization of PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) and help identify common actions between plants.
- Collecting best practices to develop a central folder to look across all plants to evaluate these actions.
- Gaining document control knowledge and identifying potential improvement opportunities.
What We Look For
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. college or university.
- Pursuing an undergraduate in Mechanical and/or Chemical Engineering.
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the U.S.
- Duration: Summer 2024. Up to 40 hours per week. Part-time during the school year may be available.
- Working Arrangements: On-site based at our manufacturing facility in St. Joseph, MO.
What We Do Here
St. Joseph, Missouri is home to our assembly plant which manufactures automotive and marine batteries. Several of our customers, including the world’s largest automotive manufacturers, recognized us for supplier excellence. We opened in 1973 and now employ more than 620 people and operate six days per week. We are actively involved in our local community and give back through The United Way, United Cerebral Palsy and Camp Quality.
Who we are:
Clarios is the creator behind the world’s most recognizable car battery brands. We are the car battery found in most new vehicles including leading brands such as Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture, and distribute batteries for virtually every type of vehicle. We recover, recycle, and reuse up to 99% of our battery materials, leading sustainability practices in our industry. Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls Battery Group, is currently a Brookfield portfolio company. Learn more about us at www.clarios.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.