Engineering Intern (Summer 2024)
What You Will Do
- Understand the process, define critical parameters, meet customer standards, and apply that knowledge gained in a daily manufacturing environment.
- Equipment downtime and root cause failure analysis, design improvement and repairs.
- Controls/PLC/Robotics project upgrades.
- Manage small to medium projects on mechanical/electrical/structural.
How You Will Do It
- Participating in appropriate request for new equipment and process improvements.
- Participating in PFMEA (Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) and develop process improvement plans.
- Developing Quick Change over guides for production lines.
- Developing standard work/job plans for trouble shooting robots.
- Developing a database to track all prints.
- Developing project management skills.
What We Look For
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited U.S. college or university
- Pursuing an undergraduate in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering.
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the U.S.
- Duration: Summer 2024. Up to 40 hours per week. Part-time during the school year may be available.
- Working Arrangements: On-site based at our manufacturing facility in St. Joseph, MO.
What We Do Here
Our St. Joseph, Missouri distribution center charges, packages, and ships the batteries used in cars, boats, motorcycles, and heavy-duty trucks. We opened in 2000, now employ more than 280 people and operate six days per week. We are actively involved in our local community and give back through The United Way, Camp Quality, Second Harvest Food Bank and Habitat for Humanity.
Who we are:
Clarios is the creator behind the world’s most recognizable car battery brands. We are the car battery found in most new vehicles including leading brands such as Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture, and distribute batteries for virtually every type of vehicle. We recover, recycle, and reuse up to 99% of our battery materials, leading sustainability practices in our industry. Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls Battery Group, is currently a Brookfield portfolio company. Learn more about us at www.clarios.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.