Account Territory Representative- Remote in Kansas City
*The ideal candidate will sit in or near Kansas City, MO and will work remotely with travel
What you will do
As an Account Territory Representative, you will be based out of the surrounding Kansas City, KS/MS market area (home-based position) with expectations of travel within this assigned Midwest territory with major markets including Kansas City, Saint Louis, Colorado Springs, Salt Lake City, Omaha, Albuquerque, Tulsa, Little Rock, Lincoln, Des Moines, and Oklahoma City with periodic travel to other territories, as needed. The Account Territory Representative provides direct support to a key National Account customer via retail store contacts to promote sales, reduce returns, train associates, check testing equipment, monitor POS compliance, and foster goodwill.
What you will love about this role
- Fast-paced, up-beat, consultative/solutions selling role
- Represent Clarios, the biggest name in the business with the best brands and the top automotive aftermarket retailers in the business
- Teach, coach, develop, solve problems, build relationships and have fun!
- Let your strong work ethic and self-motivation pay off in a business and environment that recognizes and appreciates your hard work
- Hone your skills and build toward higher level opportunities (we are looking for people we can grow!)
- Company vehicle with personal use (requires small monthly contribution)
- Great benefits; including Healthcare related wellness discounts, great 401k match, company funded retirement program, vacation, sick time, floating holidays and national holidays
How you will do it
- Manage retail store contacts within assigned territories and/or other areas based on assigned priorities.
- Provides retail store level battery sales, warranty and test equipment training to key account personnel.
- Provide retail store level merchandising assistance to key account personnel and ensures proper layout, signage, pricing and cataloging are present.
- Inspects battery testing and charging equipment condition. Recommends replacement/repair actions if necessary.
- Inspects and tests used batteries to determine level of store compliance with testing protocols.
- Monitors store service levels and recommends appropriate actions as required.
- Manage professional customer contacts within assigned territories and/or other areas based on assigned priorities.
- Work with customer’s professional account managers to visit their customers and provide guidance on battery programs.
- Attends customer functions such as trade shows, open houses and regional/national meetings as assigned.
- Submits timely contact reports and data on all store contacts as well as daily CRM entries.
- Manage expenses within assigned travel and expense budgets.
- Other field assigned and related tasks.
What we look for
- MOST IMPORTANT: we are looking for candidates with a positive attitude, high energy, strong communication skills, problem solving skills, integrity and self-motivation...that enjoy traveling!
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a sales or customer facing role
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Presentation/training skills
- PC skills including Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Candidate must be local to the greater KC or surrounding area
- Ability to travel up to 75% within your geographic territory (typically Monday through Thursday on the road away from home). Typically one week a month you can expect to work remotely from your home (non-travel week).
- Must live in close proximity to a major airport, anticipated 50% of your travel will require air travel
- This territory will primarily consist of the Midwestern US markets
- Previous automotive parts sales experience is preferred (or we will teach!)
- This position provides an annual salary and is eligible for an annual target bonus. This is NOT a sales/commission-based position.
Who we are:
Clarios is the creator behind the world’s most recognizable car battery brands. We are the car battery found in most new vehicles including leading brands such as Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture, and distribute batteries for virtually every type of vehicle. We recover, recycle, and reuse up to 99% of our battery materials, leading sustainability practices in our industry. Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls Battery Group, is currently a Brookfield portfolio company. Learn more about us at www.clarios.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.