EHS Technician (3rd Shift)
What you will do
Under general supervision, maintain the environmental, health and safety of the plant workforce by monitoring and evaluating environmental, health and safety conditions; assuring compliance with applicable policies, procedures and governmental standards; and maintenance of the environmental health, industrial hygiene and safety Programs for the facility.
How you will do it
- Motivate and train line supervision and production personnel in good housekeeping/5S practices, safe work procedures, PPE, etc.
- Participate in Housekeeping/5S audits and other projects.
- Use testing equipment to sample, measure and evaluate employee exposures to in-plant chemical contaminants, including lead and physical agents such as heat and noise exposure.
- Oversee the monitoring and recordkeeping of the performance of the plant exhaust and make-up air ventilation systems and provide analysis to guide process improvement.
- Manage the personal protective equipment, work clothing and safety equipment programs according to company standards.
- Administer applicable respiratory protection requirements that include fit testing and respirator distribution when applicable.
- Conduct compliance and conformance audits in accordance with a schedule as set by the EHS Leader.
- Maintain current awareness of applicable federal, state and local environmental, health, industrial hygiene and safety regulations.
- Assist production in performing risk assessments, developing safe operating procedures and performing incident investigations.
- Accumulate, prepare and enter health, industrial hygiene, environmental, medical and safety data into the appropriate systems for analysis.
- Assist shift supervisors (production, maintenance, and engineering) with the development of Management of Change requests as they arise.
- Coordinate plant environmental, health and safety education and training programs.
- Administer the plant hazard communication program, including maintaining up-to-date SDS's, effective identification of all chemicals, chemical inventory and related training and education programs.
- Administer the audiometric testing and hearing conservation programs where applicable.
- Maintains professional competency through participation in professional education and training programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we look for
- Bachelors degree and 1 year suggested minimum experience, or 2 year degree and 6 years suggested minimum experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience with environmental, safety and/or industrial health programs in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be willing to complete required training plan (OSHA 30-hr, etc.).
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and industry consensus standards (NFPA, ANSI, etc.).
- Must be willing to work overtime and off-shift to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Must be willing and capable of wearing a respirator when on the production floor where required.
- Prior use of Microsoft Office required; ability to formulate reports, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Ability to maintain absolute integrity and discretion due to confidential and sensitive nature of information.
- Travel up to 5%, if the business requires
Who we are:
Clarios is the creator behind the world’s most recognizable car battery brands. We are the car battery found in most new vehicles including leading brands such as Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture, and distribute batteries for virtually every type of vehicle. We recover, recycle, and reuse up to 99% of our battery materials, leading sustainability practices in our industry. Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls Battery Group, is currently a Brookfield portfolio company. Learn more about us at www.clarios.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.