Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Clarios is the industry leader in smart energy storage solutions. We have 16,000 team members and 56 manufacturing and recycling centers around the globe; producing 154 million batteries annually. Our batteries can be found in 1 out of 3 cars around the world; as well as in heavy duty vehicles, marine, power sports, and agricultural applications.
What you will do:
This position will monitor, regulate and control all battery manufacturing processes. The manufacturing engineers are responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operations of all the equipment utilized in the manufacturing process. This includes reducing equipment downtime, scrap and ensuring a quality product. Employee operates with minimum direction to control plant manufacturing processes. Employee performs varied and somewhat complex work where independent judgment and action is exercised.
How you will do it:
- Must possess an advanced knowledge of manufacturing/mechanical processes and equipment
- Support and develop department or maintenance projects / activities with good engineering direction. Take part or facilitate the team Lean strategies and methodologies and/or Six Sigma activities.
- Support, cost estimate and document all engineering changes.
- Lead projects to improve overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) process and improve overall production downtime
- Maintain process capability across various production focus areas within the plant
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance relating to product, process & systems. Implement interim processes as required to correct or contain all non-conformance.
- Provide hands on manufacturing support to operations.
- Define and improve process and methodology for production team members
- Review product and process designs for compliance and safety, adherence to company standards, customer contract requirements and to ensure timely completion.
- Position will require extended hours and flexible schedule to accommodate the installation of equipment. In addition, the installation cannot impact plant operations
- Analyzes production equipment to prevent costs associated with unexpected machine downtime and to identify opportunities for improvements.
- Process capability improvements
- Assists senior management with plant improvements and expansions.
What we look for:
- BSEE/BSME from accredited college or university, required
- 5 or more years’ experience in manufacturing environment or a related role
- AutoCAD experience
- Strong PLC experience
- Minimally 5 years leading an engineering team in a manufacturing environment
- Good mechanical / technical skills
- Green Belt and/or Black Belt certification preferred
- Creativity and problem solving skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience and understanding in project management and corresponding methodologies
- Project tool experience and managing GANT charts
- Candidates must be able to work both all shifts, including long hours (8+ hour shifts) and the ability to cover weekend production.
Who we are:
Clarios is the creator behind the world’s most recognizable car battery brands. We are the car battery found in most new vehicles including leading brands such as Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture, and distribute batteries for virtually every type of vehicle. We recover, recycle, and reuse up to 99% of our battery materials, leading sustainability practices in our industry. Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls Battery Group, is currently a Brookfield portfolio company. Learn more about us at www.clarios.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.