Environmental Compliance Manager
What you will do
Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Municipal environmental rules and regulations as well as Clarios Corporate Environmental Standards through the implementation and maintenance of an Environmental Management System.
How you will do it
- Facilitate compliance with facility, regional, corporate and regulatory environmental standards and guidelines through audits, inspections, recordkeeping and data documentation. Assist management with investigations, provide recommendations for corrective or preventive measures, and ensure that accurate environmental records are maintained.
- Develop and administer the facility environmental management systems including employee participation, hazard analyses, safe operating procedures, training, risk management, spill prevention, hazardous waste, DOT hazardous materials, emissions, emergency planning (EPCRA) and all other key system elements.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development, administration, and maintenance of environmental compliance and continuous improvement program elements.
- Serve as the technical resource for your plant before Federal, State, and Local regulatory agencies. Make written and/or oral presentations as to your plant(s) position or status.
- Submit monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, or annual reports to Regulatory Agencies, as required.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of environmental regulations and laws to provide expertise for assessments, capital projects, work orders, and general environmental related problem solving.
- Analyze proposed and/or final regulations for impacts to manufacturing operations that could require substantial capital expenditures or compliance challenges.
- Conduct regular environmental compliance self-assessments and regulatory applicability reviews.
- Communicate Environmental opportunities and risks to Plant and Regional leadership.
- Implement a communication and training strategy across your plant(s) that reinforces a high level of Environmental awareness and ownership at all levels of the plant(s).
- Track and communicate environmental performance metrics including goals and the core processes.
- Ensure prompt escalation of EHS issues to Business, Operational, and EHS Leadership.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, EHS Management, or related field with a minimum of six (6) years of professional experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing plant environment
- Professional experience in air permitting and operations, wastewater permitting and operations, and regulatory experience in CAA, CWA, SARA, TIER II, TRI (EPCRA), NESHAP, RCRA, CERCLA, SPCC, etc.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively
- Ability to travel if need be (estimated at 5-10% - i.e. summits, training, visit another Clarios facility, etc.)
- This position will be based out of our St. Joseph Missouri Plant (will consider relocation)
Health Insurance benefits with different packages to choose from, including a wellness program to reduce employee costs, starting DAY 1 of employment!
Dental and Vision benefit packages starting Day 1
Competitive 401k program
Who we are:
Clarios is the creator behind the world’s most recognizable car battery brands. We are the car battery found in most new vehicles including leading brands such as Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture, and distribute batteries for virtually every type of vehicle. We recover, recycle, and reuse up to 99% of our battery materials, leading sustainability practices in our industry. Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls Battery Group, is currently a Brookfield portfolio company. Learn more about us at www.clarios.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.