Position: Maintenance Technician – Full Time!
Location: St Joseph, Missouri
Pay: Up to $39/hr with room to grow and this is based on experience!
Bonus: Potential to earn a 4% bonus based on the overall performance of the plant!
Shifts: 2nd Shift or Weekend "A Shift" schedule
- Weekend shift 11pm-11am Work 24 hours and paid for 32 hours. Overtime will be required to cover weekday shifts, as needed.
- 2nd Shift - 3pm to 11pm
Benefits: Benefits Start 31st Day of Employment and college tuition reimbursement!
Who we are!
St. Joseph, Missouri is home to our assembly plant which manufactures
automotive and marine batteries. Several of our customers, including the world’s largest automotive manufacturers, recognized us for supplier excellence. We opened in 1973 and now employ more than 620 people and operate six days per week. We are actively involved in our local community and give back through The United Way, United Cerebral Palsy and Camp Quality.
What you will be doing!
- Emphasis on safe work practices, adherence to LOTO procedures and use of PPE.
- Troubleshooting and repairing of machinery, conveyors, and robotics.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Must have knowledge of 120, 208, and 480 VAC circuits.
- Experience with conveyors, electronics, PLC hardware and ladder logic required.
- Understanding of motor control circuitry (VFDs, soft starts etc.) required.
- May be required to set up and operate one or all of the following machines: lathe, milling machine, drill press, grinder, power saws, etc.
- Must be able to read schematics and blueprints.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Perform preventive maintenance to assure maximum equipment functionality.
- Adhere to, implement, follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
What we are looking for!
- Minimum 2 years of industrial maintenance experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Mechanical and electrical repair knowledge.
- Working experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical (480v), and preventive maintenance in a manufacturing.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- PLC troubleshooting experience
What We Offer!
- Paid vacation and 13 paid holidays.
- Annual bonus opportunity (up to 5% annual salary based on Plant’s performance).
- College tuition reimbursement.
- 401k plan offered with company match.
- Company contributions available for employee Health Savings Account.
- Competitive health, dental, vision, life, home/auto purchase benefit options available.
- Fitness reimbursement program.
- Employee battery program.
- Lots of opportunity for growth and advancement.
This is a general overview of the job duties, not a complete list of essential job functions. This job and all other duties performed under this job description will adhere to all Federal, State, and Local environmental regulations, as well as any additional plant specific environmental management system requirements.
Who we are:
Clarios is the creator behind the world’s most recognizable car battery brands. We are the car battery found in most new vehicles including leading brands such as Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture, and distribute batteries for virtually every type of vehicle. We recover, recycle, and reuse up to 99% of our battery materials, leading sustainability practices in our industry. Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls Battery Group, is currently a Brookfield portfolio company. Learn more about us at www.clarios.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.