St. Joseph, Missouri Summer 2024 Internships
Clarios hosts our internship program from the end of May 2024 until mid-August. Our internships are designed to provide college students with substantial work experience in a corporate environment. Each functional area within the St Joseph locations hosts multiple interns so our cohort size will reach 9 students. Our commitment is to expose our student interns to high quality projects, sufficient mentorship and coaching for success in this job and all future jobs, within a well-executed program.
What You Will Do
Each internship is unique depending on the department you join. Most of our interns work on multiple projects throughout the summer. Some execute upon one large project. Assignments vary by business need, providing on-the-job learning with challenging deliverables that the company benefits from for years to come. We are not interested in giving our interns “busy work," instead we focus on work with long-term value to the company. Our program includes social events, volunteerism events, informational interviews, and time with executives.
How You Will Do It
While typical duties vary, we have some basic expectations:
- On-site learning and job tasks at one of our St Joseph manufacturing or distribution locations 4-5 days a week for a total of 32-40 hours.
- Learning the ropes of a corporate environment, living in Teams and Outlook.
- Executing upon informational interviewing, networking, and the other parts of the program that enhance and elevate the work experience, including participating in the social and social action activities.
What We Look For
- Ideally, by summer 2024, you will have completed your Junior year of college, although we welcome Sophomores to apply as well.
- Pursuit of one of these majors from a 4-year college: Engineering: all disciplines, Supply Chain, Data Analytics, IT, Computer Science, Data Science, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business, HR or similar fields achieving at least a 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA.
- Prior leadership experience at work, internships, or extracurricular activity.
- Strong analytical ability to solve programs and ability to learn quickly.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and cross-functional teams with minimum guidance.
- US Citizen or legal right to work in the US.
Our St. Joseph, Missouri manufacturing an distribution center manufactures, charges, packages and ships the batteries used in cars, boats, motorcycles, and heavy-duty trucks. 50 years of manufacturing and distribution that has a total of 900 employees between the two facilities. Several of our customers, including the world’s largest automotive manufacturers, recognized us for supplier excellence.
Who we are:
Clarios is the creator behind the world’s most recognizable car battery brands. We are the car battery found in most new vehicles including leading brands such as Ford, General Motors, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture, and distribute batteries for virtually every type of vehicle. We recover, recycle, and reuse up to 99% of our battery materials, leading sustainability practices in our industry. Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls Battery Group, is currently a Brookfield portfolio company. Learn more about us at www.clarios.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.