Core Controls Designer
Why Join Altec?
Altec Industries is currently looking for a Core Controls Designer to be located in St. Joseph, MO. Join a focused team where you can have an immediate impact in developing Altec's next world-class product. Altec Inc. is a rapidly growing manufacturing company that produces trusted utility equipment utilized throughout the world.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family- Financial Stability - Integrity - People Are Our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Four-year applicable degree.
- Two-year applicable degree.
- Mechanical Design Certificate (“Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate in Mechanical Design” meets this requirement).
- Two years of drafting experience.
- 3D CAD Preferred (for Mechanical Drafters).
- Circuit design experience highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and take direction.
- Creates and updates basic and routine CAD drawings; performs simple part setup and maintenance in ERP system.
- Consults with engineers and/or technical experts regarding design solutions and design standards.
- Follows established technical specifications to prepare models and drawings.
- Work with fellow associates and/or technical experts to develop/document best practices and standards.
- Work with the team to develop and maintain component and circuit libraries.
- Support Operations, Sales, and Service in sustainment of Altec’s Customer First value.
- All other duties as assigned.
Other Position Specifications
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
- Demonstrated record of responsibility.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Must manage deadlines well.
- Some travel will be required, potentially on short notice, which may include flying.
- Ability to work with other team members for direction and support while completing tasks independently.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.