Why Join Altec?
Electrical Technician – Off Shift
Join an industry leader. Altec’s products – Made in America – provide a comprehensive line of equipment that gives utility, telecommunications, and other essential service providers the tools to build and maintain critical infrastructure.
Apply today for an electrifying career!
Do you have a passion for car stereo or off-road lighting installation? Do you have a background in diesel mechanics? Will you get amped up to work on 12-volt electrical systems?
If so, join Team Altec as an Electrical Technician focusing on the installation, diagnostic, and troubleshooting of electrical systems for truck-mounted hydraulic utility equipment.
To be considered for this position a person must have the following skills and qualifications:
- Vocational school and/or knowledge/experience in basic electricity required; vocational school training preferred.
- Vocational school and/or knowledge/experience in automotive wiring, including knowledge of automotive electrical component technology required; vocational school training preferred.
- Aptitude to use computer-based automotive diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to work with engineering on a project basis.
- Knowledge of and, ability to use Altec's Quality Improvement Process.
- Ability to read and understand electrical-related blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to work with customers on writing unit specs, as well as troubleshooting problems over the phone.
- Demonstrated ability to work under the team concept.
- Possess a good safety record.
- Demonstrated basic welding and mechanical ability.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Ability to work 2nd/3rd shift required.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
- Vocational technical school certificate in a manufacturing field preferred.
- Vocational Training in place of experience will be considered.
The successful candidate will have a high regard for safety and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Install and complete electrical connections for LED lights, inverters, batteries, and hybrid electrical systems per Altec standards.
- Perform chassis parameter calibration to interface with Altec installed components.
- To provide quality and timely workmanship on each job performed
- Thorough and timely completion of related documentation.
- Performs re-work as required.
- Maintain clean and orderly materials and work environment and
- Follows all established safety, environmental and & quality policies, and practices.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death, and Dismemberment Insurance