Welder - Off Shift
Why Join Altec?
Welder – Off Shift
Join an industry leader. Altec’s products – Made in America – Provide a comprehensive line of equipment that gives utility, telecommunications, and other essential service providers the tools to build and maintain critical infrastructure.
- Maintain your career focus, with continued training, growth & development encouraged within Altec.
- Comprehensive benefits including affordable medical options, dental and vision care, matching 401(k), company-paid Basic Life, wellness programs, company events, a range of training and education on-line offerings for personal and professional.
Competitive Starting Wage with Shift Differential (2nd and 3rd shift)
- These associates will be responsible for using hand-welding, flame-cutting, hand soldering, or brazing equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products.
Vocational Training in lieu of experience will be considered.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Welding knowledge through experience or vocational school training.
- Ability to pass a preliminary weld test and ability to complete AWS D1.1 Code certification within 60 days after being placed in a welding position.
- Able and willing to work Off Shift – mostly 3rd shift.
- Welding, cutting and/or fabrication of metal parts.
- Wire feed welding, MIG or TIG welding.
The successful candidate will have a high regard for safety and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Welds using M-I-G processes and with a torch welder.
- Demonstrated ability to burn using a hand torch.
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and diagrams and determine critical dimensions and tolerances using measuring tools.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, process routings, and schematics for installation of various truck and body components - large and small - onto truck chassis using torch, welder, winches, hand tools.
- Performs re-work as required.
- Provide quality and timely workmanship on each work order and maintain daily time standards.
- Demonstrated ability to follow established safety and quality procedures.
- Team concept, be flexible to move from job to job to support the schedule.
- Provides quality and timely workmanship on each job performed.
- Maintains clean and orderly materials and work environment and
- Follows all established safety, environmental and quality policies, and practices.
Our Company: Family owned since 1929, Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment. We are the leading equipment and service provider for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, lights and signs, and contractor markets, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.