Assembler - Off Shift
Why Join Altec?
Assembler – Off Shift
WE ARE IN THE CUSTOMER SOLUTION AND SATISFACTION BUSINESS.
PEOPLE AND VALUES YOU CAN DEPEND ON. PRODUCTS THEY CAN DEPEND ON.
- Maintain your career focus, with continued training, growth & development encouraged within Altec.
- Comprehensive benefits including affordable medical options, dental and vision care, matching 401(k), company-paid Basic Life, wellness programs, company events, a range of training and education on-line offerings for personal and professional.
- Competitive Starting Wage with Shift Differential (2nd and 3rd shift)
Assemblers are responsible for assembling Pedestals, Turntables, and Boom components - combined with other related assembly components - to produce world-class Altec Equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to work 2nd and/or 3rd shift
- Some position will require Automotive Electrical experience
- Mechanical assembly experience required
- Ability to read and understand technical documents – i.e., Engineering documents, schematics
- Vocational technical school certificate in a manufacturing field
- Hydraulic & Electrical (Automotive wiring) Skills
- Experience in the utility industry
- To provide quality and timely workmanship on each job performed.
- Reads blueprints and hydraulic diagrams
- Reads and understands tape measure.
- Performs re-work as required.
- Follows all established safety & quality policies and practices.
- Learn and follow all work instructions and JQR’s.
- Prepare and fit multiple components together.
- Learn and operate all equipment within the department.
- Support APS initiatives – Lean Manufacturing
- Willing to move to other areas of production as needed.
Our Company: Family owned since 1929, Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment. We are the leading equipment and service provider for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, lights and signs, and contractor markets, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.