Material Handler - Off Shift
Why Join Altec?
Material Handler – Off Shift
Join an industry leader. Altec’s products – Made in America – provide a comprehensive line of equipment that gives utility, telecommunications, and other essential service providers the tools to build and maintain critical infrastructure.
- Maintain your career focus, with continued training, growth & development encouraged within Altec
- Competitive compensation that rewards performance
- Comprehensive benefits including affordable medical options, dental and vision care, matching 401(k), company-paid Basic Life, wellness programs, company events, a range of training and education on-line offerings for personal and professional.
Competitive Starting Wage with Shift Differential (2nd and 3rd shift)
The Material Handler receives and delivers parts and materials to stocking areas, production areas, and other departments. Pick/pack/ship product to other departments, other divisions, and customers. These positions could be for 2nd or 3rd shift.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Material Handling/Forklift experience
- Computer skills including bar-coding; ability to read and understand technical documents – i.e., engineering drawings
- Ability to work 2nd or 3rd shift
- CDL desirable
- Technical/Vocational Training preferred
- To provide quality and timely workmanship on each job performed.
- Follows all established safety & quality policies and practices.
- Learn and follow all work instructions.
- Learn and operate all equipment within the department.
- Support APS initiatives – Lean Manufacturing
- Rotate responsibilities as needed.
- Computer program usage – Ability to learn Oracle data base / Altec Navigator
Our Company: Family owned since 1929, Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment. We are the leading equipment and service provider for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, lights and signs, and contractor markets, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.