Co-Op, Applications Engineering Technologists
Why Join Altec?
Altec is looking for Co-Op, Applications Engineering Technologists for a one semester commitment, from January – July 2024. Positions are located at the Altec Midwest Facility in St. Joseph, MO. Altec provides furnished housing as well as a competitive hourly wage.
Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and servicing of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment. We are a leading provider of products and services to the electric utility, telecommunications and contractor markets, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
- Pursuing a 4-year degree in Engineering Technology required
- Entering 3rd or 4th Year preferred
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Prior interaction with Altec team at a recruitment event highly preferred
- Proficiency in Solidworks 3D modelling software preferred
- Work within one of several areas on the team.
- Create 3D models, weight studies, and drawings for customer meetings with Engineering guidance.
- Generate electrical and hydraulic schematics and bills of materials with Engineering guidance.
- Work on new or revised detailed parts designs and assemblies and prepare to release to production with Engineering guidance.
- Produce manual pages and detailed assembly documentation for production.
- Learn time management skills by managing your task schedule to meet production start dates and customer design requirements.
- Communicate and interact across departments within Altec to fully define customer requirements and design customized solutions.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family- Financial Stability - Integrity - People Are Our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity