Controls Developer- Entry Level- New Grad
Why Join Altec?
Altec is looking for Controls Developers to join the team located in St. Joseph, Mo. As a Controls Developer-Entry Level/New Grad, you will design, build, and test customer-specific electrical systems, and design using simulation and model-based design.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family- Financial Stability - Integrity - People Are Our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline required A degree in one of the following majors preferred:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering with controls concentration
Completion of Degree prior start date required.
Prior completion of a Co-Op with a utility equipment manufacturing company highly preferred.
EIT registration or ability to obtain registration for engineering degrees required.
Experience with telematic control systems preferred.
Experience with CAN communication is preferred.
Prior interaction with Altec team at a recruitment event or previous intern/Coop experience with Altec highly preferred.
- Participate on design teams to develop and test control software for Altec products.
- Design and develop printed circuit board assemblies and electronic modules.
- Review electrical component specification and application for compatibility.
- Review and create control system electrical schematics.
- Evaluate and test chassis interface with supplier components.
- Work with remote team members to maintain product architecture.
- Utilize data loggers to troubleshoot equipment and evaluate new designs.
- Embedded system design and component selection.
- Become part of Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture, and customer service/support efforts.
- Communicate with customers on issues of technical specifications, product design and operation.
- Provide technical support to sales associates.
- Support Operations, Sales, and Service.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.