Outside Sales/Account Manager
Why Join Altec?
Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and servicing of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world. Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence.
Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision.
Our auction subsidiary, JJ Kane , currently has an opening for an Outside Sales Associate . The territory for this position will be in and around the Bosie, Idaho and Missoula, Montanna area. The chosen candidate would need to reside within the territory of Boise or Missoula. The successful candidate would call on customers, construction companies, cities and municipalities, etc., to find used equipment to consign at our auctions. We auction all kinds of used equipment, including bucket trucks, digger derricks, construction equipment, back hoes, skid steers, mini excavators, tractor crawlers, dozers and more! We encourage you to check out our company websites to explore Altec’s strong history.
The successful candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm to the job, with a strong commitment to providing customer service within a team environment. If you have the qualifications and, of course, the passion for sales, please apply!
- Two years of successful outside sales experience within Altec or similar industry is preferred.
- 4-year Bachelor Degree required
- Candidate must be able to live within territory of Boise, ID or Missoula, MT.
- Candidate must have flexibility for overnight travel.
This position is for self-starters with a strong interest or background in mechanical products or equipment, with excellent communication, time management and administrative skills.
- Candidates should have skills, abilities, and the desire to work collaboratively with the Pre-Owned Equipment Division personnel and Auction Company personnel to identify industrial, construction, etc. and to determine viability to sell at future scheduled auctions within the territory (4 to 8 auctions annually).
- Sales experience is needed to meet the primary challenge to gain additional, similar equipment to be consigned for sale at scheduled auctions utilizing established customer databases for direct mail advertisements, telephone communications, and personal sales calls.
- Skills and abilities coupled with an “attention to detail” perspective is needed to ensure consigned equipment will be “ready” to present and sell at scheduled auction: equipment description, photos, title, operations, and timely movement of equipment to the auction site.
- Mental aptitude to successfully complete training to gain knowledge and understanding of the business via participation in auctions (buyer registration, data entry, invoicing, titles).
- An extroverted and professional personality is needed to participate in developing and maintaining positive customer relations at auction’s hospitality facilities.
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Why join Altec?
- Work-life balance
- Consistent work schedule/standard hours
- Values-based culture
- Stability of a 90+ year old company
- Challenging, rewarding work environment
- Promotional opportunities
Among our core values is a focus on family and financial stability, and we believe it is important to provide associates with a competitive benefits package. Highlights of Altec’s benefits package are listed below.
Learn more by visiting Compensation & Benefits – Altec Inc
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Care Plans
- Retirement Savings Plan – Traditional 401(k) or Roth 401(k)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, and Vacation Purchase
- Company Wellness Programs (Physical, Social, Emotional, Spiritual, Financial)
- Personal and Professional Learning/Development Opportunities
- Plus more!
Altec’s values-based culture provides opportunities for associates to have a fulfilling professional career while maintaining a work-life balance and consistent work schedule .
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.