Why Join Altec?
Electrical Technician – Off Shift
Join an industry leader. Altec’s products – Made in America – provide a comprehensive line of equipment that gives utility, telecommunications, and other essential service providers the tools to build and maintain critical infrastructure.
Do you have a passion for car stereo or off-road lighting installation? Do you have a background in diesel mechanics? Will you get amped up to work on 12-volt electrical systems?
If so, join Team Altec as an Electrical Technician focusing on the installation, diagnostic, and troubleshooting of electrical systems for truck mounted hydraulic utility equipment.
To be considered for this position a person must have the following skills and qualifications:
- Vocational school and/or knowledge/experience in basic electricity required; vocational school training preferred.
- Vocational school and/or knowledge/experience in automotive wiring, including knowledge of automotive electrical component technology required; vocational school training preferred.
- Aptitude to use computer based automotive diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to work with engineering on a project basis
- Knowledge of and, ability to use Altec's Quality Improvement Process.
- Ability to read and understand electrical related blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to work with customers on writing unit specs, as well as trouble shooting problems over the phone
- Demonstrated ability to work under the team concept.
- Possess a good safety record.
- Demonstrated basic welding and mechanical ability.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to work 2nd/3rd shift required.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend required.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
- Vocational technical school certificate in a manufacturing field preferred.
- Vocational Training in lieu of experience will be considered.
The successful candidate will have a high regard for safety and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Install and complete electrical connections for LED lights, inverters, batteries, and hybrid electrical systems per Altec standards.
- Perform chassis parameter calibration to interface with Altec installed components
- To provide quality and timely workmanship on each job performed
- Thorough and timely completion of related documentation.
- Performs re-work as required.
- Maintain clean and orderly materials and work environment and
- Follows all established safety, environmental and & quality policies, and practices.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death, and Dismemberment Insurance